We have done so much work on polishing Adélie Linux 1.0-BETA3 Update 1 that we have decided to make it a full release. We are now working towards the release of Adélie Linux 1.0-BETA4!
We have also migrated some of our server systems, including our Community Wiki and issue tracker (BTS), to 64-bit ARM systems. This migration has allowed us to identify and fix certain issues affecting server loads on 64-bit ARM computers. We are very happy to have our partners at WorksOnArm generously providing us our 64-bit ARM build machine, and for their support and knowledge.
We are additionally excited to note that Max Rees (sroracle@) has spent this week working very hard on removing Bashisms from the entire operating system. This means that Adélie is now officially bootable — and buildable — using
/bin/sh! This will allow low-end computers to boot much faster, and ensures that our scripts are conforming to the POSIX shell standard.
Top 5 referring sites to the Web site:
- 78: DistroWatch
- 66: Google
- 32: Reddit
- 21: DuckDuckGo
- 16: ungleich.ch
Top 5 pages accessed (and homepage):
- 1155: /
- 309: /about.html
- 135: /announcements/
- 78: /about-qa.html
- 50: /team.html
- 29: /contribute.html
A. Wilcox (awilfox@):
- Fixed an issue with the libffi library on 64-bit PowerPC computers.
- Updated PulseAudio to its current version.
- Fixed an issue with coreutils.
- Removed the OpenJDK 7 package.
- Fixed an issue in the vde2 networking library on 32-bit systems.
- Updated KDE Applications to 19.04.3.
- Set the default root shell to
/bin/sh, allowing login as root without the Bash shell installed.
- Set the default user shell to Zsh.
- Fixed a packaging issue in Lighttpd.
Alyx Wolcott (alyx@):
- Added a package for
dumb-init, the Docker init system.
- Fixed the maintainer line for the Python D-Bus module.
Kiyoshi Aman (aerdan@):
- Updated many packages to their current versions, including XFCE applications, and XTerm.
Laurent Bercot (skarnet@):
- Added early getty support to s6-linux-init.
Luis Ressel (aranea@):
- Merged device-mapper into the LVM2 package.
- Fixed an issue with the packaging of the Adélie Base System that caused the POSIX profile to fail to correctly use the
- Fixed a packaging issue with the
- Fixed a configuration issue with i3status and MPlayer.
Max Rees (sroracle@):
- Added Subversion support to Git.
- Updated PHP to its current version.
- Removed Bashisms from all Adélie package recipes. The tree is now buildable with alternative shells, such as dash or Zsh. They additionally changed all package recipes to use LSB-compliant
useradd, and changed OpenRC scripts to use POSIX shell constructs as well.
- Fixed multiple security issues in the
patchutility, multiple security issues in the libxslt package, a security issue in bzip2, and a security issue in the Atril PDF viewer.
- Added a package for
- Fixed an issue in the Python