This week has also seen a flurry of work in preparation for the imminent release of Adélie Linux 1.0-BETA4, including many exciting updates and fixes. This also marks the last release of easy-kernel with the MuQSS scheduler. Read on…
Top 5 referring sites to the Web site:
- 70: DistroWatch
- 49: Google
- 24: DuckDuckGo
- 20: Repology
- 19: ungleich.ch
Top 5 pages accessed (and homepage):
- 986: /
- 237: /about.html
- 157: /announcements/
- 42: /about-qa.html
- 29: /team.html
- 19: /contribute.html
A. Wilcox (awilfox@):
- Fixed an issue in the
partedutility that caused a crash while manipulating BSD disklabels on big endian systems, including 32-bit and 64-bit PowerPC and S390x mainframes.
- Fixed a packaging issue that resulted in
grepfailing to start on systems with a split /usr partition.
- Fixed an issue with Dracut that caused some computers to fail to boot properly with a split /usr partition.
- Fixed a security issue in the musl C library on 32-bit x86 computers.
- Updated 94 packages to their current versions, including the Claws email client, Erlang, the FFmpeg media player, the Krita drawing system, LLVM and Clang, NetworkManager, Node.js, OpenTTD, Qt Creator, the SANE scanning library, and the Shadow login management system. With sysvinit@, aranea@, and others, also updated Firefox to the very latest stable release, 68.0.1.
- Updated the KDE Plasma desktop environment to its latest stable release, 5.12.8.
- Fixed an issue in the c-ares package that could cause a crash when trying to resolve an .onion domain.
- Fixed an issue in Gwenview that caused a crash when trying to load a thumbnail for certain Canon RAW images.
- Fixed an issue in Firefox “Quantum” related to video playback on big endian systems, including 32-bit and 64-bit PowerPC computers.
Alyx Wolcott (alyx@):
- Updated the Redis key-store database to its current version.
Luis Ressel (aranea@):
- Fixed an issue in the
cmusmedia player with playing Audio CDs.
Max Rees (sroracle@):
- Fixed security issues in the exiv2 graphics library, PHP, and Python 3.
- Updated many packages to their current versions, including CUPS filters, the feh graphics software, i3lock, the mutt email client, NextCloud, the qpdfview document viewer, youtube-dl, and 15 Python modules.
- Added new packages, including the Python psycopg2 module for PostgreSQL databases.
- Fixed a packaging issue in argp-standalone and obstack.
Molly Miller (sysvinit@):
- Forward-ported many Firefox patches to the 68 ESR branch, fixed AV1 support, and identified build issues with Firefox “Quantum”.
Samuel Holland (smaeul@):
- Fixed packaging issues in Cyrus SASL, gtk-doc, and Nettle.
- Updated the easy-kernel package to 4.14.136, and update the mc15 patchset. This includes the removal of MuQSS, and the addition of more security and reliability fixes.